Chat (Django, Twisted, websockets, jquery)
Initial setup and basic configuration – in which we build the simplest, most naive, chat application that will actually work:
- first, kind of a disclaimer
- Part 1: Serving a basic chat framework with Django
an intermission: on using twisted as a front end to django
- Basic method for handling race conditions – solving a potential bug in the first tutorial.
- The GIL – or why in many cases we don’t have to worry about race conditions in python – explaining why the previous addendum might not be relevant.
- Refactoring twisted code – step by step example – there seem to be few bits of documentation on how twisted code should be factored; a demo of how i might do this work.